Environmentally Responsible Catering & Events
Doing our part to protect the environment
Daniel et Daniel is committed to finding and implementing innovative solutions for protecting the environment. Daniel et Daniel was involved in the pilot project on composting and recycling and was the driving force behind the implementation of the current system for restaurants and prepared food suppliers in the City of Toronto. As active members of the system it is estimated that we now recycle 95 % of our waste.
- Are working towards becoming 100% GMO (genetically modified organism) free and use only olive and sunflower oil in our cooking. We buy whole, local ingredients whenever possible and then strive to use Canadian suppliers before going elsewhere.
- Our hot water is heated by a “direct heating” system which only heats water as it is needed, eliminating the need for an inefficient water tank.
- All food waste is composted.
- Our used cooking oils are collected and recycled by Green Planet Bio-Fuels.
Our Food Shop:
- Uses only biodegradable, compostable cornstarch based disposable cutlery and paper coffee cups.
- Our paper napkins are 40% post consumer recycled material.
- Our paper plates are 100 % recyclable.
- We offer reusable custom printed thermal shopping bags and compostable plastic bags.
- We offer a discount on coffee purchases when a reuseable mug is used.
- When executing events at off-site venues that don’t recycle, all refuse is returned to Daniel et Daniel, recycled, and composted.
- Purchasing preference is given to suppliers who practice good environmental standards.
- We use 100% recyclable bamboo serving vessels. Not only are they recyclable but bamboo is a renewable resource which truly makes a difference when using 5000 vessels at a time.
- All printed materials are printed on at least 30% post consumer recycled materials.
- Whenever possible, the 3R rule (reduce, reuse & recycle) is strictly enforced.
- Paper Shredding is given to an environmentally friendly firm.
- We discourage the use of bottled water and disposable coffee cups and use filtered tap water.
As new green technologies emerge Daniel et Daniel will be there to meet it with open arms as we’re continually expanding our efforts to make a difference in both our local community and our world.