The Princess of Wales Theatre is a 2,000-seat playhouse built by David and Ed Mirvish. The first privately owned and financed theatre built in Canada since 1907, the Princes of Wales opened to the public in 1993. Venetian terrazzo floors, glass and tile mosaics, blown-glass lamps, hand-made metal light fixtures, and mahogany accents, are all surrounded by Frank Stella’s colourful murals, proscenium arch, fly tower and ceiling dome. The stage is one of the widest and deepest in North America and no guest sits further than 85 feet from the stage. Perfect for any event, the auditorium is not the only space available for rental in the theatre; spacious lobbies and lounges can accommodate up to 425 guests for private receptions, business meetings and product launches.