At Daniel et Daniel we are committed to protecting the privacy of our contacts and endeavor to adhere to all legislative requirements with respect to www privacy.
In an attempt to protect this privacy, we will:
- Provide the utmost sensitivity around the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
- Recognize your right of access to your information.
- Be available to respond to your questions and concerns about the way we handle the privacy of this information.
For further details please see our policies outlined below:
We generally do not collect personal information from you at our site. If you send us a message containing your name, email address or any other personal information, please do so on a non-confidential basis. If we collect this information it is used for correspondence including customer service, newsletter publication, event invitation, and seasonal announcements. Care shall be used in the disposal or destruction of personal information to prevent unauthorized parties from gaining access to the information.
Information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law.
Information shall be as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
Certain Exceptional Disclosures
We may disclose your information if necessary to protect our legal rights or if the information relates to actual or threatened harmful conduct. Disclosure may be required by law or if we receive legal process.
Protection and Retention of Information Collected
We follow technical and management practices we believe are reasonable to protect information stored on our system. However we do not use password or otherwise secured pages to collect information and we generally do not store data in an encrypted form.
We generally keep user data for as long as we reasonably need it, as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes for which it was collected, or as required by law.
Contact Regarding Privacy
If you have a question, please email email@example.com
You can also phone 416 968 9275 or write to 248 Carlton Street, Toronto ON M5A 2L1. If the matter cannot be resolved an individual may file a complaint with the Privacy Commissioner of Canada or an applicable provincial body about any alleged breaches of the law.
The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and how it pertains to Daniel et Daniel
The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) is a law that protects personal information in the hands of private sector organizations and provides guidelines for the collection, use and disclosure of that information in the course of commercial activity. The Act is based on ten privacy principles developed by the Canadian Standards Association, and is overseen by the Privacy Commissioner of Canada and the Federal Court.
This Act applies to all business and organizations in Canada. It sets the ground rules for the collection, use and disclosure of personal information in the course of commercial activities.
In terms of the retention and safeguarding of personal information PIPEDA states:
“Personal information that is no longer required to fulfill the identified purposes should be destroyed, erased or made anonymous. Organizations shall develop guidelines and implement procedures to govern the destruction of personal information.” Principle 4.5.3
“Care shall be used in the disposal or destruction of personal information, to prevent unauthorized parties from gaining access to the information.” Principle 4.7.5
Information including home and business addresses, phone numbers and credit card numbers are taken by employees of Daniel et Daniel on a daily basis, henceforth it will be company policy and procedure to:
- Any employee who records, for business purposes, any information which could be deemed sensitive, including but not limited to; home or business addresses, phone numbers and credit card information will keep said information in a place which is considered safe and secure.
- All departments, Sales, Accounting, and Shipping/Receiving, will shred and properly dispose of all and any documents containing any information that may be considered sensitive including but not limited to: home or business addresses, telephone numbers and credit card numbers.
- Any documents that leave the building through normal business operations i.e.: shipping order copies; are to be returned to the Daniel et Daniel premises for proper disposal.